Wednesday, December 9, 2009

How's It Going? Wednesday...

I'm doing pretty well this week. I have decided to just take it one day at a time, and so far so good. I need to do some more planning and preparing for the days ahead (start by getting low point snacks into my drawer at work), but at present I am quite enjoying planning my dinner at lunch time, getting the food on the way home and then cooking enough to take leftovers in for lunch the next day. Darling BF doesn't know it yet but I'm thinking we need to implement a day about meal plan and preparation schedule - because I don't like being solely responsible for making choices and cooking, and I now have lots of cook books with yummy healthy recipes just ripe for the making.
 
We discovered that my scales are a bit whacked, and will give you a different weight every time you step on them, but they only vary by a maximum of 400g so I'm not going to stress too much, and just take the first weight they pop out on a Monday morning. So long as the trend is downwards I am not too worried!
 
Darling BF and I have also decided we will get married in August 2011 (don't go thinking we're engaged, I don't want to be engaged for 2 years before I get married, I just wanted to know what to aim for! We'll get engaged a few months prior, I've told him I expect him down on one knee and everything). So, there are 90 weeks until 'that day' and I still have 46.5kg to lose (which averages out at 516g per week). It is achievable but will be challenging. To get myself in the swing of things I've set myself a very challenging stretch target of being under 100kg before darling BF's sister's wedding at Easter next year. That will require a loss of just over 1kg per week til then. I'm going to take the advice of Les Brown: "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

No comments:

Post a Comment