Monday, January 5, 2009

C25K - Week 2, Workout 1

I had a disgraceful Christmas. I didn't count points, I ate all sorts of "do not eat" foods and I was generally lazy. One thing that did keep me working hard though was I still went running! I repeated week 1 of C25K so that my mother could join me, then, all set to start week 2 and I got shingles.

Shingles sucks. It is painful and sore constantly, you can't exercise and sleeping is all you want to do but is difficult because of the pain. Stupid shingles. So, I spent from Boxing Day til the 2nd January feeling sorry for myself. I did a week 1 workout on Saturday, decided I hadn't lost too much running prowess so did week 2 this morning. It was challenging but I got there.

I have my first weigh in since the 15th December this evening. I am hoping, hoping, hoping that I have just not gained! Fingers crossed.

Happy 2009, this is the year to be in!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, shingles, that's very yuk. I remember nursing my mum and my grandmother thru them when I was still living at home. Hope you feel better soon. And all the best with your WI tonight.

    ReplyDelete