Monday, December 15, 2008

C25K - Week 1, workout 1

So, I did my first workout this morning - having gone shopping for a decent sports bra over the weekend, very important when running!

I had a brisk 5 minute walk to warm up, then alternated 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes. Luckily for me the dear BF came along to be my timer and run along next to me (not getting anywhere as puffed as I did, darned boy).

It was challenging but I feel good now. I didn't feel overly pressed, and although I was puffing hard by the end I wasn't overcome with exhaustion.

A good start I think.

1 comment:

  1. Well done with the running. I loved running on the treadmill when I went to the gym. I used to do 1 minute run 1 min walk and OH MY it wore me out. Woohoo you. The BF is great for going with you. I find that when DH goes it makes it so much better.

    ReplyDelete