Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Nearing 27

In three days time I will be 27 years old. I weigh less now than I did when I turned 26 but not by much. By the time I reach 28 I want to weigh less than I did when I turned 20, if not 18 (which would have been about 95kg I think, memory is getting a bit fuzzy).

I have been a bit lax in the last couple of weeks but starting again today am feeling refreshed and energetic about the future.

I have lost 7.9kg in 8 weeks. That is an amazing effort and I have never had so much success in weight loss before in my life. I am not going to stop there. I'm not done yet.

My colleagues all know that I am losing weight and over the last week or so (while I've been less diligent than usual) several of them have told me that it is becoming quite noticeable that I am shrinking. This is very exciting.

Of course, I hugged my boyfriend this morning and caught a glimpse of us in the mirror, skinny him and fat me. It freaked me out a bit. Good reason to keep losing!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday for a couple of days time!! You are doing a great job and will have that next 5 kgs gone in no time. Go you!!!
    Nicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicky! Reading your blog and the weight watchers forums has helped me to get back on the wagon (not that I fully fell off, just had a slight loss of interest in steering the wagon) and I'm all geared for a healthy Christmas and new year!

    ReplyDelete