Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Why am I doing this?

 
Weekend before last I went to Cairns with my partner to attend his sister's wedding. I decided to not be too fastidious in pursuit of my weight loss whilst there. Turns out that was a very poor decision to have made.
 
I don't know why I go off the rails, what little switch turns off in my head that causes me to suppress my desire to lose weight (and it is a very strong desire - because I desire to gain the self-confidence and self-love that I know is being held back by the weight) and ignore my inner-brain guide to doing well and eat ice cream, pizza, biscuits etc etc etc...
 
Needless to say I've not had the best fortnight. I am too scared to hop on the scales and view the damage. I'll leave that for next Monday I think.
 
I'm writing a meal plan right now - planning is the absolute best way for me to stick to weight watchers. Plan plan plan! Fight my way through the cravings I'll have this week and focus on what I want.

3 comments:

  1. Planning is key.....good luck with a better week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah

    I know what you are saying, I thought I was in control, however when I was in Fiji, I was anything but in control with my eating. It was buffets for breakfast, lunch and tea and it seemed I made it my mission to try everything while I was there! I tried to compensate it by being more active, but I still had a slight gain. Obviously some more issues left to address for me... Lol.

    I totally agree with Mad Woman, it is a new week and this week you have a plan. It will be a good week :o)

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I feel more positive already. There are vegies in my fridge once more!

    ReplyDelete