Tuesday, March 9, 2010

McDonalds

So, what do we think of Weight Watchers and McDonalds teaming up?
 
Personally, I have to agree with option number 2 in the following article: http://www.crikey.com.au/?p=121514
 
I think it is good for McDonalds because having WW onboard will get more people through the doors, of course they'll feel like they're eating well because of the WW endorsement, then they'll buy the same old awful fatty food.
 
It could be useful for people who use WW to know what the points values are of the foods they want if they have to go to McDonalds in a pinch.
 
To be honest, I think that WW is being painfully capitalist and putting the health of the nation second here. I am pretty disappointed in this decision.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I had a big rant on this about my blog the other day... If WW truly wanted to be helpful to the members, surely they would have chosen to 'make a commercial agreement' (ie; endorse) a healthier product than Maccas.

    ReplyDelete