Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Last Word (hopefully) on the Gym Drama

So... I read all about other peoples experiences with this common gym franchise today and it seems that numerous people have had the same problem as me with them refusing to cancel and being generally unhelpful. The useful piece of advice I got today was to keep hold of my cancellation paperwork as they frequently keep charging you after your cancellation date and you'll need evidence of cancellation to get the charges reversed by your bank. Sigh.
 
I've been having a laugh at myself today (and a bit yesterday) thinking about how I picture anger. When I feel angry I literally picture boiling blood (as in the saying "makes my blood boil"), and I sometimes also picture it as bubbling in my veins. I often picture feelings, sorry if I'm weirding anyone out. Anyway, yesterday, I decided that the best way to calm me down was to take the pot off the boil - so I pictured taking my pot of boiling blood off the heat, and watching as the bubbles decreased until there were none and all I could see was steam, and immediately I felt better. It was like choosing to cool down as opposed to waiting to cool down. Made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment