Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010: The Year of Biodiversity

Well, that's what the United Nations decided on. I'm going for 2010: The Year of Change.
 
I'm not really a resolution person, but my partner and I decided on some goals for 2010 in different areas of our life. One that ties in nicely to financial, health & weight loss goals is our decision to eat at home at least 5 nights a week. Both of us work long hours, and as a consequence we tend to be tired and lazy when we get home - so, to help with this problem which tends to leave us eating takeaway or going to the pub for dinner, I've written up a four week menu with 5 meals per week (in no particular order). All of these meals have a total combined prep and cooking time of less than 30mins & are low in points (between 4 - 8 points per serve). This way we'll shop once a week and cooking won't be such a drama.
 
Well, that's what I hope...
 
I also started taking photos yesterday for the 100 day challenge which is exciting. I started back on the weight watchers path yesterday, and I started it well by going for a C25K run! Go me!
 
Yay for 2010!

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

    Welcome back and I hope all your 2010 wishes come true!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT! Welcome back! Here's to a happy & healthy 2010!

    ReplyDelete